[nebula-dev] GridViewer add filter hangs

Hi,

Is there any way to provide progress information when we do a GridTableViewer.addFilter or GridTableViewer.removeFilter ?
I tried UIJob but still the UI thread will hang and become unresponsive..
When there are lots of rows [>20000] for each row a call goes to ViewerFilter's select method, and inside this we have our logic to show or hide this row and hence the UI thread hangs.
Is there anyway, where in this can be put to a background thread and after the filtering is done displaying the visible rows, or showing the progress to the user while this is happening.

Regards,
Ashwin.

Back to the top