[nebula-dev] Nebula-Projectstatus and next action items

Committers and Nebula-Community,

It's been a while since a gave you the last update on nebula and the
next actions we are taking.

The following items have been raised lately:
- Nicolas Richeton started a discussion on a generic animation framework
  => Roland Tepp and Jeremy Dowdall added their ideas
- Jeremey Dowdall announced that he'd like propose CWT
  (CustomWidgetToolkit) as a subproject to Nebula and I think that
  Nicolas and Jeremy already agreed that the Animation stuff Nicolas is
  working would fit in perfectly.
- We are still not fully following incubation rules
  a) Our homepage is not compatible
  b) The bundle-symbolic-name need to have the incubation in it
  => See Action Items on how we plan to solve this
- We need builds

So the next action items are:

- We add a subproject called incubation which holds stuff not stable,
  new to nebula. All components there are following Incubation rules so
  that it qualifies for Parellel IP, ...

- All widgets who are stable and IP-clean can move to
  Nebula-Main-Project. All widgets and their maintainers agree on a
  release schedule and all of them are released together. We could maybe
  even join the Eclipse Release Train?

- CWT is going to be proposed to Nebula by Jeremy as a subproject
  => My current information is that animation stuff could be part of CWT
  (in its own bundle)

- Jeremy volunteered to update the website to follow Incubation rules

- I'm going to take a look once more on CBI. The build for Grid is
  nearly finished and then we can take look and get one up for other
  widgets.

Committers I'd like to hear from you if you agree with these action
items. If don't agree than please describe what you would like to see
changed and why.

Tom

Nebula Co-Project-Lead

Back to the top