[nebula-dev] Two New Contributions

Hi,

I was thinking of contributing two components to Eclipse (probably JFace), but I wanted to get people's opinion about them first:
  • Enhanced TableViewer that can support sorting automatically through type inference (you do not need to specify comparators explicitly, it intelligently discovers what the most suitable comparator is based on the column clicked for sorting) I already have this done for a client project used by more than 25,000 users, and its logic was test-driven from the start.
  • Dialog that can remember the last selected options since the last time it was OKed (or SAVEed). Also, already done for the same client project and test-driven. The logic was implemented in the presentation layer to be completely domain-model agnostic. So, it can be used regardless of the dialog use-case. In fact, the logic can easily be generalized to remember options for any screen containing widgets (Wizards, Editors, Views, etc...)
I presented both components as part of my talk "Practical Design Patterns for Rich Client Development" during EclipseWorld 2007, and attendees seemed to be highly interested in them.

Please advise me on how to contribute the components.

Best regards,

Andy Maleh
Consultant
Obtiva Corp. (www.obtiva.com)