Re: [nebula-dev] [compositetable] different suggestions

Hi Dave

> I think that undo/redo can be handled at the data binding tier. But
> that's a *long* discussion. Will you be at EclipseCon? We could discuss
> this more there.

perfect! That heads me to the right direction when I'll be up to this
feature.
Unfortunately I cannot come there. I am living/working in europe and my
employer is too small to be able to pay me that stay. :-(

> Yes. Everything should be just a simple SWT control.

thanks! I dig further into your code and that's exactly my impression.
Especially the fact that row- and header-object are just subclasses of
composite and do not have any specialized interface. The fact that you
chose to clone the rows by reflection (special Stark Trek Replicator tec.
:-)) and did not choose a factory pattern pointed me to that direction,
too (due to your usage for the visual editor, I guess).

> cvs host: dev.eclipse.org
> cvsroot: /cvsroot/technology
> path:/nebula/org.eclipse.swt.nebula.widgets

thanks. I'll get my hands on.

> The first build implementing this feature landed last night (v0.9.1). I
> have heard that there are issues on Linux. My day job is on Win32 and I
> decided to value early feedback from the community over having
> everything "perfect" on all platforms before doing a release. :-) Also,
> I don't have access to MacOS, so if someone on the list does and can
> test there, I'd really appreciate it!

I started working on my tableViewer replacement these days. I hope the
project priorities allow me to stay on this track, so I'll be able to give
you feedbacks! I use Windows in my project, too but I use ubuntu at home.

I started on the column header yesterday and I found that it is sufficient
to make GridRowLayout aware of childControl visibility. I added if-clauses
and bound-calculation alternatives. I thought of implementing subclassed
grid and header objects that delegate to columns. Should I submit a patch
for the basic GridRowLayout or a GridRowLayout subclass (if my stuff is
welcome)?

Regards
André

--