[nebula-dev] Search and auto-complete widgets

Hi,

I am very excited about the Nebula project and am looking forward to some great contributions.

The only thing which irritates me is the constant mentioning of "auto-complete" widgets, be it text-fields, combos or others. I am just not sure if the creators of such widgets (and the Nebula team) are aware of the package org.eclipse.jface.fieldassist which allows, in a very general way, to attach auto-complete functionality to any widget.

I do not want in any way to diminish the efforts of people who implemented such widgets themselves, but for the sake of consistency and not duplicating functionality, these "widgets" can (at least now in Eclipse 3.2) easily by implemented by programmers themselves.

If those widgets should be available for Eclipse < 3.2 then, of course, one has the create them "by hand".

Just some thoughts...

Sascha

Back to the top