Re: [nebula-dev] New control submission

I just joined this list now that Nebula got accepted (very cool! congrats).

If it's any help, I've written quite a few custom SWT widgets (as calendar was mentioned, see attached picture). In particular:

I wrote a complete custom Calendar widget for a piece of software (and licensed it to myself so I could do whatever I wanted with it), and it "hooks" into a combo (with the combo look and feel intact) and works pretty much exactly like the MS Outlook one. Same functionality and same look and feel (even with skins). The only thing that it doesn't do that the Outlook calednar does is the "holding your left mouse down on the month" feature to pop up a little month selector sub-window. I didn't even know that existed when I wrote it so I overlooked it.

In any case, it's custom, doesn't use any SWT widgets except the canvas and some buttons. It's been professionally QA'd and tested on Windows, Mac, Linux, and works on all platforms (although Windows/Mac was main focus). I've attached a screenshot of it (windows silver skinned). I even had a bug in SWT pushed through and fixed with the help of Steve Northrover with non-modal shells stealing parent shell focus when clicked, just for this widget.

Another widget I wrote was a GANTT chart with resizing, moving, coloring, 3D effects on bars, dependencies, zoom in/out etc. That one needs a bit of code-cleaing however, but just thought I'd let you and the group know. Same deal as above, works on all OS's.

And finally, I wrote a widget that works exactly like the bottom left button nav in Outlook, and colors itself correctly depending on windows skin and so on. Also QA'd and tested on all platforms. It's resizable in the same way, basically it's an exact look and feel copy. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference if they were side by side except for the menu popups which have Outlooks typical icon background column for Outlook.

So, just wanted to offer that. They're all widgets I wish existed already as they're so "popular" in a way (especially the calendar). I attached a screenshot of the calendar, can attach screenshots of the others if they're of interest.

My background is pure UI SWT/JFace coding for various companies over the last 5 years. I also have a few sourceforge projects that pertain to SWT.

Emil