[nattable-dev] Virtual Table, sorting and filtering compared to native SWT

Dear NatTable team.

my nick on https://www.eclipse.org/forums/ is "Mick Miralas" and for my master thesis I have to evaluate some technologies like .Net and Eclipse RCP from a GUI perspective. Evaluating comprises questions like "What does the technology natively support?" and "Which additional controls exist?".

Since SWT doesn't natively support things like virtual table, filterig and sorting at the same time, I've looked for alternatives and discovered NatTable. So, the thing I am stuck right now is a) to find out why exactly SWT doesn't support the requirements mentioned previously and b) if there is a manual workaround available. It would be much appreciated if you could have a look into question 3 from my post: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1068363/ and tell me what you think or even write in some sentences how these requirements are solved in NatTable.

Thus, I could come to the conclusion that NatTable is the best solution, because it natively supports "everything", it is open source, actively supported and so on.

Although insisting, nobody has answered until now and time is running.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Mick

Profitieren Sie von der sicheren E-Mail-Übertragung Ihrer Daten mit einer kostenlosen E-Mail-Adresse der Telekom.
www.t-online.de/email-kostenlos

Back to the top