[nattable-dev] Version planning and source code management

Hi everybody,

additionally to working on the 2.x branch for enabling a JavaFX version of NatTable, I was asked to deliver a 1.2.0 in January 2015. It is planned to have several bugfixes and enhancements especially regarding the usability of the Control. I therefore already updated the SNAPSHOT version to 1.2.0.qualifier, since some of the upcoming fixes and enhancements will have effect on the API. As the effects should only affect users of NatTable that created custom components (e.g. custom editors or custom ISelectionModels) I think of the upcoming release as a minor release, since the main architecture stays the same and it is mostly backwards compatible.

Another important information is that I enabled project specific settings in the NatTable projects for formatting and save actions. This way it should be ensured that everyone uses the same code formatting and that it is applied on save. I applied the format on project level, and as I configured the Tab policy to use Spaces only, every source file was touched.

Please let me know if you see any issues with the latest changes.

Greez,
Dirk

Back to the top