Re: [mylyn-pmc] Mylyn to Lifecycle Tools Rename Proposal

> Am 16.03.2015 um 22:00 schrieb Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Have you contacted any of the potential candidates about this? Are they receptive to the change?

So far, I've spoken to Winston (Hudson) and Matthias (JGit & EGit). Both are receptive to the change. However, I'd like to de-couple their move from the actual rename, i.e. go ahead with the rename now and then start the process for moving them afterwards. The reason is that I don't like to delay the rename until all discussion with the projects have happened.

> I also need the other changes to be as explicit as possible. e.g.
>
> * Archive MFT and R4E
> * Merge Commons, Context, Builds, Tasks, Versions, Reviews into a single "Mylyn" project
> * Move mylyn.docs.intent to lifecycle.intent
> * Move mylyn.docs.vex to lifecycle.vex
> * Move Wikitext out of mylyn.docs to lifecycle.wikitext

I'll reword the "Plan of Actions" section.

> I'm assuming "lifecycle" as the short name. Or would you prefer "lt"? (lifecycle seems more meaningful to me)

We previously discussed LT (which lines up with RT). I agree, "lifecycle" is more meaningful, especially when used in URLs. But we could potentially set up

> What happens to mylyn.docs?

Archive!

> Can I safely assume that you want to keep the incubator?

We should keep a Mylyn Incubator.

> I assume that you're fully aware that the Bugzilla products will also be collapsed.

> Are there any mailing list/forum considerations?

Yes, there is a Bugzilla, Forums & Newsgroups row for this for each project in the "Plan of Actions" section.

> Note that we will need to initiate a trademark review/approval for the new name. Earlier is better when it comes to trademark searches, so please let me know if you are absolutely certain of the name.

Yes, confirmed. We are absolutely certain.

-Gunnar

Back to the top