Re: [mylyn-pmc] Mylyn to Lifecycle Tools Rename Proposal

It looks good to me.

For the initial restructuring, we need to be specific. If any of the "potential candidates" have agreed to moving, they should be listed as such. Otherwise, I'd like to see a rephrasing to indicate that they are considerations for the future (or something to that effect).

Have you contacted any of the potential candidates about this? Are they receptive to the change?

I also need the other changes to be as explicit as possible. e.g.

* Archive MFT and R4E
* Merge Commons, Context, Builds, Tasks, Versions, Reviews into a single "Mylyn" project
* Move mylyn.docs.intent to lifecycle.intent
* Move mylyn.docs.vex to lifecycle.vex
* Move Wikitext out of mylyn.docs to lifecycle.wikitext

I'm assuming "lifecycle" as the short name. Or would you prefer "lt"? (lifecycle seems more meaningful to me)

What happens to mylyn.docs?

Can I safely assume that you want to keep the incubator?

I assume that you're fully aware that the Bugzilla products will also be collapsed.

Are there any mailing list/forum considerations?

Note that we will need to initiate a trademark review/approval for the new name. Earlier is better when it comes to trademark searches, so please let me know if you are absolutely certain of the name.

HTH,

Wayne