[mylyn-integrators] Alternative UI for mylyn.trac.core

Hi,

in the NetBeans project we are thinking about  creating a swing UI based on mylyn.tasks.core and ideally (if even possible) it should work while being totally agnostic about a particular connectors specifics. We decided to start with the Trac connector, as it seemed to be simple enough for a prototype implementation, but unfortunately, we already run into a few issues:

- it is impossible to execute a remote operation until the right version (or acces method - Web, XML-RPC) was set on a TaskRepository. Would it be possible to setup the version in TracTaskRepository implicitly, on first remote call (as it is done in TracClientFactory.probeClient), in case it isn't set?

- the current trac connector ui defines a query as an url and passes it over to the core implementation. This mechanism won't work in case some alternative UI implementation (unaware about Trac specifics) would try to pass a query to the tasks framework (and then eventually to mylyn.trac.core). See a possible solution suggested in the attached patch. It would be great if at least a full text search over description, comments and summary was possible.

thanks and regards
Tomas Stupka