[mylyn-integrators] Several (beginner) questions for mylyn integration

Hi guys,

I'm working on a connector for our tool unicase. It's an eclipse plugin
as well (it's an open source case tool) and so from mylyns perspective
the task repository  is locally (task synchronization with a server is
done with our infrastructure).  So I want to manage a tighter
integration as you could achieve with a webbased repository. So here are
my questions:

Q: Thanks to Steffen I managed to get the Context of a task. I want to
save them in our tasks model in order to be able to share the context
automaticly. I haven't finished this yet, but it seems to be possible
and I know roughly how to do it. Additionally I would like to save the
svn/cvs/team code patches. But I haven't really figured out yet how to
do this. Is this actually possible with the mylyn api? Or must I
integrate with e.g. subclipse and filter the resources with mylyn's
context manually?

Q: The next question is about the context listener. I would like to be
notified for each single change in a context in order to copy and save
it in our model. But it seems, you're only notified if the context is
activated, deactivated and so on. Is there another way?

Q: I managed to add our main editor page into the mylyn task editor. But
actually our editor has more pages. So is it possible to add multiple
pages to the editor? But what I would prefer even more, is to integrate
the mylyn pages into our editor: Is it possible to open another editor
when opening a task? And is it possible to add the context page from the
mylyn editor in our editor? Same question for the create Task dialog.

Q: Can I trigger task synchronization manually? If a task is changed I
want to reflect that on the mylyn tasks immediately.

Q: This is a real beginner question: somehow in the mylyn tasklist only
the taskids are displayed and the label is not, although i set the
summary attribute (that's the tasks name, or am i wrong?). Actually I
would like only to show the name and hide the taskid from the list. Is
that possible?

I think this is enough for now ;). I'd really appreciate if you could
help me out. Let me know if you need more information to understand my
questions. And btw: mylyn is great.

Greetings,
Otto

Back to the top