Re: [mylyn-integrators] Wiki Editor by Trac Connector Example

David,

thanks a lot. The hint to the taskEditorExtension point is the one I was looking for. I'm not quite sure how to organize the single wiki pages, but I think this will be a question for future posts ;-)

Many thanks and have a nice weekend

Tobi

David Green schrieb:
Tobi,

The place to start looking is the org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui.taskEditorExtensions extension point. It contains some documentation, and provides a means for extending the task editor. Mylyn WikiText provides several implementations of the extension point in the org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.tasks.ui plug-in, which you can either reuse directly or use as an example for your own implementation. The org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui.taskEditorExtensions extension point provides a means to associate existing extensions with your connector kind to default the setting for users of your connector. /org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.tasks.ui/plugin.xml provides examples of how this is done for trac, bugzilla, etc.

If Mylyn WikiText doesn't have support for a markup language that you want to use, the WikiText framework provides a means to add new markup languages. This makes it really easy to extend the task editor with new markup languages. You can find out more about how to do that by looking at the Mylyn WikiText Developer Guide. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn/FAQ#WikiText for more details.

I hope that helps,

David