Re: [mylyn-integrators] A question about Mylyn 3.0 connectors, synchronization, and TaskData.setPartial

On 12/10/08, Tom Bryan (tombry) <tombry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
So, what it looks like I'm seeing in the task editor is a task that has
been created by performQuery but which has not yet been synchronized by
Mylyn.  I thought that if the task had not been fully-populated, Mylyn
would first synchronize the task before opening the editor.

Looking at the Trac connector, I see that it uses
taskData.setPartial(true).  If my connector does not fully populate
tasks during performQuery, should I be calling taskData.setPartial(true)
to indicate to Mylyn that it must finish synchronizing the task before
showing it to the user?  I don't see any documentation on this method or
in the integrator reference, so I wanted to ask about it before using
it.

Yes, that is the intended purpose of the partial flag. If a connector does not return the full task data when running queries taskData.setPartial(true) should be invoked. This will cause the task list synchronization job to download the full task data by invoking connector.getTaskData() after completing query synchronization.

I have added JavaDoc comments in cvs.

Steffen

Back to the top