RE: [mylyn-integrators] xml and mylyn

Avin Ismail wrote on Monday, September 22, 2008 7:56 AM:

> I am under the impression that the connector should expect a string
> in xml-format from the server.

Your connector should expect whatever format the server gives you.  Many
task repositories return XML.  The XML format is normally different for
each repository.  For example, the Jira connector knows how to parse the
XML returned from the Jira web services.  The Jira web service response
format is not the same as the Trac XML format.  In fact, it appears that
Jira uses SOAP-based web services, and Trac uses XML-RPC.

And some task repositories don't even return XML.  Your connector just
has to figure out how to handle whatever the repository returns.  You
might be scraping HTML output or dealing with some custom structured
format.

> Is this correct? If yes, does that mean that mylyn already has the
> functionality to parse xml-strings?

Mylyn uses XML in places, but I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Maybe you should start by saying what you're trying to do and how you
were hoping to do it.

--
Tom Bryan <tombry@xxxxxxxxx>
Cisco Systems