[mylyn-integrators] Creation of tasks

Title: Creation of tasks

Hi all,
I´m currently trying to trigger creation of tasks programmatically through the mylyn api. I succeeded in creating local tasks in the local repository, but failed for any other repository (I tried bugzilla,but my guess is that similar issues will happen with other repositories as well). I think I´m struggling a bit with the difference between ITask and TaskData.

The issues I faced were:

  • The task initially was shown in the "uncategorized" container rather than the "unsubmitted" container for the bugzilla repository. I think this issue can be solved by manually putting the task there. The interesting thing is that after a restart of eclipse, the task is moved there automatically ;-)
  • Opening the task editor for this task fails and shows an empty bugzilla page. Debugging into the code I recognized that there is a NPE because the editor tries to access the TaskData of the task which does not exist.

Currently, I´m using the API  TasksUiUtil.createOutgoingNewTask() to create the task. Could you give me some advises on this topic? Especially on the handling of ITask and TaskData. Is it at all possible to create tasks for various repositories using the mentioned way?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

Back to the top