RE: [mylyn-integrators] Startup help for writing new connector

Schenkenfelder Robert wrote on Monday, July 14, 2008 12:13 PM:

> Thank you very much, that was a very good hint again.
>
> Still, I have several problems, but I think I'm near my destination of
> fetching the task list.
>
> One thing is that I'm developing my connector with Mylyn 3.0

Ah, well, I had to develop on 2.3 because of time constraints, but I
understand that 3.0 is supposed to make writing connectors easier.
Since my step-by-step instructions were written for 2.3, it may be
leading you down the wrong path with 3.0.  I'll update my instructions
when I port my connector to 3.0 if someone else doesn't do it first.

The http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn_Porting_Guide is supposed to help
authors with upgrading their plug-ins to work with 3.0.  You may be able
to figure out what you need to do by comparing my instructions with the
things that the Porting Guide says have changed.

Good luck!

--
Tom Bryan <tombry@xxxxxxxxx>
Software Engineering Solutions (SES)