[mylyn-integrators] Re: Editor management causing problems

Yup, you just need to implement IContextAwareEditor and return false for canClose(). I just updated the wiki docs to make this clear:

  http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn_Integrator_Reference#Task-Focused_UI

Note that if this method meets your needs you should create a bug report for making it API, since that class is currently internal.

The best place for this kind of question is currently the mylyn-integrators mailing list, so CC'ing.

Mik

Mark Phippard wrote:
We have an Eclipse editor that implements an SSH Terminal client that we use to work on remote servers. A problem we have is that when we activate tasks Mylyn will close this editor in addition the regular ones. Is there something we can do to fix this? It does not seem unreasonable that you might have editors that are not for local resources and I cannot see why Mylyn should close those.

I am not sure what API's exist that Mylyn could use to figure this out.

If you have reasons to not consider this, can you think of any code we could put in our editor to stop you from closing us?

Back to the top