[mylyn-integrators] Question about task attributes for a new connector

Hi,

I'm doing research for creating a new connector for Mylyn.  I've
already looked at code for the existing Trac and Bugzilla connectors
to get some idea what is required, but there is one question I have
that isn't answered by looking at those connectors.

The repository I'm planning to connect has only two static attributes,
one is the task number and the other is a short description.  All the
other attributes are user-defined.  The Bugzilla and Trac attribute
factory classes have static mappings between Trac/Bugzilla attributes
and the built-in Mylyn attributes.  Do you have any suggestions on how
to handle the situation where 99% of the attributes in the repository
are user defined?  I can get all the attribute definitions from the
repository at runtime, but they are not known at compile time.

I expect that I may have to provide a preferences page that allows the
user to define the mappings, but maybe there is a better way?

Thanks,
Brian

Back to the top