[mylyn-docs-dev] Consuming wikitext-core in an other project

Hi all,

I have tried to consume the "wikitext-core" artifacts from my maven local repository.

I have run "mvn clean install" in "{mylyn docs repo}/wikitext/core"

When I try to consume the artifacts from my local maven repository, I get this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project helloworld-all:
Could not resolve dependencies for project example:helloworld-all:jar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.eclipse.mylyn.docs:org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.asciidoc:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.eclipse.mylyn.docs:org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.asciidoc:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.eclipse.mylyn.docs:wikitext:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

The missing artifact
* groupId : org.eclipse.mylyn.docs
* artifactId: wikitext
* packaging: pom
* version: 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
corresponds to the pom file located in the folder: "{mylyn docs repo}/wikitext"

----

In my opinion: it make no sense to build "{mylyn docs repo}/wikitext/pom.xml" if you are only interested in the wikitext-core artifacts (plain maven). If we do so, we lose all the benefits of this plain-maven approach for the core projects.

Solution 1: "{org.eclipse.mylyn.docs repo}/wikitext/core" should have no parent declaration to be able to release or install the core bundles independently (I guess this is what you want to achieve when you will push them to maven central). This requires probably some content duplication between "{mylyn docs repo}/wikitext/pom.xml" and "{mylyn docs repo}/wikitext/core/pom.xml" (especially for the metadata)

Solution 2: the POM flatten approach [1] could be used to remove parent relationship in the installed artifacts.
[1] http://www.mojohaus.org/flatten-maven-plugin/

Last hypothesis: I did something wrong. I would be happy to learn how I should use the new build structure in a maven way, if I am only interested by the "core" artifacts.

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Jeremie

Back to the top