Re: [mylyn-docs-dev] exploring changes to Mylyn Docs build

Thanks Torkild, great to hear.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 11:03 AM Torkild Ulvøy Resheim <torkildr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David,

Although I have not yet inspected at your code, I fully support this. There is already some discussion going on in making Eclipse code consumable through Maven, I think you’re probably aware of this. So the timing is impeccable :-) Btw. the EPUB part should also be fairly straightforward to build in this way, although it does rely on EMF.

I think to easily being able to consume WikiText outside Eclipse is a great idea. It believe it will convince more people to use it. I’ve already done two web service projects where it’s used to render markup on the fly. Works like a charm, but I had to include the binaries in the project.

I think splitting it up like you describe makes good sense. The UI part is only usable in a RCP environment anyway.

Best regards,
Torkild