[mylyn-docs-dev] Markdown support

I've been working on a new implementation of Markdown for Mylyn WikiText, using the CommonMark spec[1] as a source for tests.  The CommonMark spec has about 525 tests, so using those will save a lot of effort and will ensure that the Markdown implementation has predictable behaviour.  The intention is to get to 100% (or near 100%) pass rate.

My thinking is that we could put it in the incubator, and when it reaches a degree of completeness that we're happy with we could replace the existing implementation of Markdown within Mylyn WikiText.  Alternatively we could skip the incubator step if we're happy with the code quality, test coverage and feature completeness.  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

David

--
David Green
VP of Architecture, Tasktop