Re: [mylyn-docs-dev] Mylyn SR release and Mylyn Docs change

That sounds reasonable to me and the proposed API additions are fairly small. I would recommend to keep the internals compatible to the extend possible, i.e. only remove obsolete classes in the upcoming 3.15 release but not in a service release. The key is to maintain backwards compatibility so adopters are not surprised when consuming the service release.

I do not believe that the Eclipse process disallows API additions in service releases and I have seen examples in the past where the benefit were significant enough to justify it. The API tooling errors can be filtered where appropriate so that shouldn't be a major concern.

Steffen