[mylyn-docs-dev] Confluence markup

Atlassian is doing away with their wiki markup in Confluence: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/11/why-we-removed-wiki-markup-editor-in-confluence-4/

It's not yet clear if they plan to do the same with JIRA, which also supports Confluence wiki markup.  I've posed a question on their community feedback page, hopefully we'll have more information soon.

Depending on the answer to this question we may have to discuss the long-term plans to support Confluence wiki markup in Mylyn Docs.  As it stands now, their latest JIRA release (5.2) still has support for Confluence-style markup so it's unlikely that we would drop support for Confluence markup any time soon.

David

--
David Green
VP of Engineering, Tasktop