Re: [mylyn-docs-dev] Bugzilla mapping

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 3:36 PM, David Green <david.green@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Steffen,
> Would it make things easier to keep the Mylyn versioning scheme?

It won't make a difference in terms of effort as far as I know.

> So far the
> WikiText release cycle has been in lock-step with Mylyn.  It might help to
> eliminate some confusion if we keep it that way.

The release cycle is unaffected. I am only wondering about the
milestone/version scheme in Bugzilla.

> The WikiText feature
> version could reflect the Mylyn release version, and the plug-in versions
> could be evolved separately (as they have been).  What do you think?

The WikiText feature version has been different all along.

It could be equally confusing to see WikiText 1.4 under Installed
Software in Eclipse and a 3.5 milestone in Bugzilla. Some of the other
Mylyn projects will also follow their own scheme, e.g. Mylyn Reviews
or Builds which will start with version 0.7.

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel
Committer, http://eclipse.org/mylyn