Re: [mylyn-dev] Stepping back from Mylyn Wikitext

Thanks to Tasktop people for creating such a fantastic solution that serves many people for so long!

And I have a related topic to notify the Mylyn community.

To let this celebration of usability and joy continue, it was decided to merge Mylyn Docs repository to the main Mylyn repository and unify it with the rest of Mylyn repository content.
This is currently the only choice to keep the Mylyn Docs contribution to Eclipse SimRel alive and actual, since at the moment Mylyn project cannot boast of excessive resources.

Practically it means a number of sensitive and even breaking changes:
* Mylyn Docs repository has been archived and content has been moved to https://github.com/eclipse-mylyn/org.eclipse.mylyn/tree/main/mylyn.docs
* Mylyn Docs maven modules with packaging "bundle" has been reworked to "eclipse-plugin" + "eclipse-test-plugin" pair
* Mylyn Docs bundle versions has been aligned with Mylyn (currently 4.2.0)
* Mylyn Docs feature versions has been aligned with Mylyn (currently 4.2.0)
* Mylyn Docs feature identifiers and content has been reworked to be aligned with Mylyn

The good news that all these breaking changes are already adopted by SimRel and EPP  (thanks to Jonah Graham for support) just after 2024-03 M1 and will be available starting from 2024-03 M2.

For these who would like to see Mylyn Docs supported, but without so annoying breaking changes, there are two options that do not exclude each other:
 * contribute effort to keep "maintenance" branch(es)
 * fill Mylyn project with support budget

Regards,
AF