[mylyn-dev] Mylyn tasks build fails - Working tree is dirty.

Hi,

I am trying to work on the Mylyn tasks project to help with some bugs
I'm hitting. I've cloned the repo from gerrit and imported it as Maven
projects in Eclipse.

First problem that I have is that m2e complains about unmapped executions

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-source-plugin:1.0.0:plugin-source (execution:
attach-source, phase: process-classes)

I'm ignoring it for now, but it's still unpleasant.

Second problem and a major one is that the Maven build fails. I'm running

  $ mvn clean package

and the failure is

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:1.0.0:build-qualifier
(default-build-qualifier) on project org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core:
Working tree is dirty.
[ERROR] git status org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core:
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Changes not staged for commit:
[ERROR]     modified:    org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core/.classpath
[ERROR]     modified:    org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core/.project
[ERROR]     modified:
org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Untracked files:
[ERROR]     org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core/.settings/org.eclipse.m2e.core.prefs
[ERROR]
[ERROR] You are trying to use tycho-buildtimestamp-jgit on a directory
that has uncommitted changes (see details above).
[ERROR] Either commit all changes/add files to .gitignore, or enable
fallback to default timestamp provider by configuring
[ERROR] jgit.dirtyWorkingTree=warning for tycho-packaging-plugin
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

I've tried appending '-Djgit.dirtyWorkingTree=warning' to the command
line, but it does not help.

The changes are generated by Eclipse when importing so I'm not sure
what to do about this.

How should I solve these issues with the Mylyn Tasks setup?

Thanks,

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/