[mylyn-dev] Mylyn Docs build changes (was Re: exploring changes to Mylyn Docs build)

All,

I plan to merge the review chain ending with https://git.eclipse.org/r/90016 today.  I will also make the corresponding changes to the Mylyn Docs nightly build here: https://hudson.eclipse.org/mylyn/view/Nightlies/job/mylyn-docs-nightly/

There is a chance that other builds could break, we should find out quickly.

The folder structure in the Mylyn Docs git repository will be different after merging.  As a result anyone with Mylyn Docs checked out into their Eclipse workspace will want to delete all Mylyn Docs projects from their workspace before pulling the changes, and then reimport those projects.  Gerrit reviews will also need rebasing.

I just discussed these changes with Sam and Steffen and it looks like these changes will cause the Mylyn release build to fail, since the Mylyn release build relies on having a single Maven reactor.

To overcome this problem Sam's suggestion is to switch the Mylyn Git submodule to point to Mylyn Docs at a specific commit until such time as the Mylyn release build has been decoupled.  A Mylyn committer will have to do this.

Apologies in advance for any trouble this causes, hopefully we can get through this change quickly.

David