Re: [mylyn-dev] Unattended Error Reports for Mylyn

Hi Gunnar,
Hi Mylyn-Dev,

my pleasure. Let me summarize a few options that may be worth considering for Mylyn (based on your thoughts posted below):

1. Weekly alerts may go to mylyn-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx OR to individual developers. If you find emails sent to mylyn-dev too annoying, this might be an option to think about.

2. The subject of the emails is determined by the alert’s label and can be specified in the alert section at [1]. It is currently "Weekly Problems Report for Mylyn“.

3. If a sub-project, like Mylyn Docs, wants to receive alerts separately, we can create a new project with a more specific package prefix like „org.eclipse.mylyn.docs“. This may suffice to redirect reports only to those devs who are interested.

4. If Mylyn is only interested in certain kind of issues, we could implement an "exception type filtering“. Let me know if there is some class of issues that should be filtered.

5. You can disable weekly digests emails yourself at any time by simply removing the email addresses from the alerts configured in [1].

Please let me know which options seem to be most suitable for you. I think option 1 and 3 are something to consider and discuss at the moment.

I’m now subscribed to this mailing list and will follow this thread for some time.

Cheers,
Marcel