Re: [mylyn-dev] Fwd: Unattended Error Reports for Mylyn

Hi Gunnar

Has someone played with the error reporting interface?

Yes, I went through and dealt with the top errors a long while ago, but there were a lot of errors reported and most of them could be safely ignored. I haven't had time to address all of them.

For example this one is the top reported error:

Looks to me like this doesn't need to be logged as an error at all. A user just cancel a job. Could be an easy fix to introducing handling of the exception and .

Sounds like it.

Another on is this (2nd most reported on):

Again, looks like something that should be handled in the UI instead of dumping to the error log.

Since this is all happening in the core, I don't think we can handle it in the UI. It looks like Oomph is trying to set credentials on a task repository without having opened the secure storage. As far as I know, the secure storage doesn't provide a better way to deal with this.

Yes it does. I've opened a bug.

Thoughts? Shall I ask Marcel to setup weekly reports?

I suggested that on this list several months ago but nobody responded. Since there were no objections, I think we should go ahead and do it.

Sam

Back to the top