[mylyn-dev] hamcrest dependency in test bundles

Hi,

I just discovered that some tests have not been run for months due to a dependency on org.hamcrest having been removed from the test bundle. Apparently, if the bundle depends on Mockito this causes the Maven Surefire plugin to fail to load the bundle, but, critically, the build still succeeds so you would have to look very carefully to notice that tests were not run.

See this build for example, which reports that org.eclipse.mylyn.gerrit.core.tests succeeded but, buried in the console output you will find the message "Bundle org.eclipse.mylyn.gerrit.core.tests is not found." I have fixed it by adding the following Require-Bundle to the manifest:

 org.hamcrest;bundle-version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"

Please be careful about removing hamcrest dependencies as it's not obvious that some tests are being skipped.

I wonder if there's a good way we could have the build detect this case?

Cheers,
Sam

--
Sam Davis