[mylyn-dev] stop requiring fast-forwards

Hi,

I would like to propose that we stop requiring fast-forwards when submitting Gerrit reviews for Mylyn. It's quite annoying when there are several changes happening at once. The chance of two concurrent commits having a semantic conflict without a syntactic conflict, and without the authors being aware of it, are low. And if it does happen on rare occasions, it's easy enough to revert or fix the change. Other git repositories I work with do not require fast forwards and we've never had any problems.

Does anyone object? If not, does anyone know whether it's possible to change this configuration at the project level?

Cheers,
Sam

--
Sam Davis