[mylyn-dev] Java 7 as BREE

Hi,

I have opened a bug to discuss adoption of Java 7 for Mylyn since using Java 7 as a BREE came up on the Eclipse Planning Council call today in the context of EPP:

 423848: [discussion] change minimum required JRE to Java 7

I was hoping we could move up to Java 7 in the short term but considering that Mylyn is included in many EPP packages this would force most packages onto Java 7 (or have Mylyn fail silently). Therefore I'm leaning towards postponing the move to Java 7 until after  Luna.

If you have any input on the topic please comment on the bug.

Thanks,

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel
Principal Software Engineer, Eclipse Mylyn

Back to the top