[mylyn-dev] next release / sr branches

Hi,

just a heads up that maintenance branches for 3.9.x have been created as per usual and master is open for commits for 3.10.x in all repositories with one exception:

We decided to continue working towards 2.0.1 (3.9.1) in the Mylyn Reviews repository's master. We had a number of bug fixes already lined up for the SR and we are hoping to include Gerrit 2.6 support in the SR. Not forking the branch simplifies merging of changes since they can be fast-forwarded and do not need to be cherry-picked.

My sense is that we'll fork the SR branch in the Reviews repository once 3.9.1 is released and open up master for 3.10. We can discuss on tomorrow's call what a good date for the release is. If you have any input please comment on this bug:

  411475: [release] plan Mylyn 3.9.1 release

So if you are merging changes onto Mylyn Reviews master please be aware that they will end up in the next service release. If you have major refactorings or new features please hold off submitting them for now and queue them up in Gerrit.

Thanks,

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel
Principal Software Engineer, Eclipse Mylyn

Back to the top