[mylyn-dev] Import Task List from XML

Hi MylynDevs,

I would like to extend Mylyn and provide a simple functionality.
The idea is to import a single XML file (present in the file system), in which there are task descriptions, and automatically add those tasks on the task list.

In a second moment, this XML file will have the name of artifacts (like .java and .txt) that will be imported to the Package Explorer.
Also, in a third moment, this XML file will be updated with new tasks and/or artifacts created.

I have been trying to find the best extension point to extend from... but i have not reached any conclusion.

org.eclipse.mylyn.context.core.bridges
org.eclipse.mylyn.context.core.taskJobsListeners
org.eclipse.mylyn.context.core.templates
org.eclipse.mylyn.context.ui.actions
org.eclipse.mylyn.context.ui.repositories
org.eclipse.mylyn.context.ui.taskRepositoryPageContribution

Those are the mylyn's extension points that seems to be suitable for me.
I have been trying to extend from *.repositories extension point, but i am unsure about it. I don't have an repository address, password (and those things) to complete the wizard page. Even if I edit the wizard, a repository is handled by mylyn differently of what I am proposing.

Is *.bridges suitable for me?
Or *.actions?

What is the best way?

In addition to that, I have been reading http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn_Integrator_Reference, which tells me that there is a way of customizing the presentation of the Task List. I think it will useful for me.. but i haven't find the way to do that.

Sincerely,
Ivens

Back to the top