[mylyn-dev] Interested in participating in GSoC - Introduction

Hi, my name is Jordan Victor and I'm a CompSci student from Montreal, Quebec. I go to Concordia University and have used Eclipse extensively in the last 2 years. Of course I would be very interested in working with Eclipse on a GSoC project this summer to learn about open source development and give something back to an organization who's application has helped me a lot.

Looking through the project ideas the one that interests me the most is Mylyn: Automated Task-branching support for EGit. This last year I've been getting to use git a lot and this seems like an excellent opportunity to apply what I know and see what I need to learn.

I'm looking for any information I can for how to prepare for applying to this project, what it's specifically about and anything else you can think of.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and hopefully I'll be working with you this summer.

Sincerely, Jordan Victor

Back to the top