[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [mylyn-dev] move to Eclipse.org Gerrit
- From: Alvaro Sanchez <alvsan09@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:28:08 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=HThyc7ROqVljqcvnNaI+9tGSr+pRDKTlEkm7RGJtTIM=; b=PHRSYFmCFmvCC0Yzpv4FNUZbCoRjKoCDkttBCB6jhsbC4+OGR3pRvs0wWNNSbac030 9OXTKhjbuNkSK8O8HYJCJInxFuAgEXRcWDamBbRZtoz3Z4ev1laPmUw2niJTyZffRUgM 1rKDSNArP38IHgDxJ+r6tsb/VSv71ut+UePghtG5rP42ZB/9wlEZdFwTnpCYdrZ/dFHf +A1sUfy0EIdpEf8RgH+tBQ84z23SBPR5zxAYUCapuJF6EPpPFg2ro7Cb6ZSarngxvMov yO4m/WNw4ge4fbX0eiWCjhshmNCjcohnL96Sr+uXhKCLq4DWjvjfZOQKmcoxinzoqXck FWFQ==
One question related to working with "fast forward only",
I have not experimented with this option although it seems that the authors will need to re-base the local branch before submitting a new patch set. If the project is very dynamic and incorporates several changes, would not this cause problems to distinguish functionality from the master branch vs functionality changes from the previous patch set ?
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Steffen Pingel <steffen.pingel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
the Mylyn Context MFT and Mylyn Reviews R4E projects recently started
using the Eclipse.org Gerrit instance. After the Mylyn 3.7 release is
out I would like to start using the Eclipse.org Gerrit instance for
all Mylyn sub-projects as well (Mylyn, Mylyn Builds, Mylyn Commons,
Mylyn Context, Mylyn Docs, Mylyn Incubator, Mylyn Reviews, Mylyn
Tasks, Mylyn Versions).
I would propose the following settings:
* Allow committers to bypass Gerrit
* Fast forward only
* Require Change-Id in commit message
Additionally, I would request trigger jobs on the Eclipse.org Hudson
Any thoughts? Concerns?
Senior Software Developer, Eclipse Mylyn
Mylyn Tasks Lead
mylyn-dev mailing list