Re: [mylyn-dev] Problems cloning http://git.eclipse.org/c/mylyn/org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.git/

Thanks Matthias,

I did not notice the clone links at the bottom. Maybe they should be more prominently placed.

Best regards,
Torkild

Den 9. mars 2012 kl. 22:22 skrev Matthias Sohn:

2012/3/9 Torkild Ulvøy Resheim <torkildr@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any problems with the named Git repository? I'm getting FORBIDDEN HTTP errors like these:

torkild@Horus:~/git$ git clone http://git.eclipse.org/c/mylyn/org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.git/
Cloning into org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks...
error: The requested URL returned error: 403 (curl_result = 22, http_code = 403, sha1 = 4b2e39fe7a63a22787ed6deed460df0717e5f817)
error: Unable to get pack index http://git.eclipse.org/c/mylyn/org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.git/objects/pack/pack-0853709d90140d629a6e298e3a4131e5eab3f858.idx

you are trying to clone from the cgit web ui, which is probably forbidden
to prevent that you use git's dumb http protocol which is very inefficient
instead clone from
as listed at the bottom of
this way you will use git's smart http protocol

--
Matthias