[mylyn-dev] modeling bridge project

The Modeling Bridge project that Miles Parker has been working on (bug
352032) has made very good progress and as discussed on the call last
Thursday it's getting close to point where we would like to bring it
to Eclipse.org. The project currently has four bridges that integrate
with the following modeling technologies:

 * EMF
 * GMF
 * ECore Tools
 * Papyrus

We already had some discussions around the best place for the code in
Mylyn. These were the options we discussed:

 * Mylyn Incubator
 * Mylyn Context
 * Mylyn Context Modeling (a new project under Mylyn Context)

We could also consider a combination of these if we split the current
code across multiple Mylyn projects, e.g. put the EMF/GMF bridge into
Mylyn Context and the other components that are more experimental into
the Incubator with the option to mature them later.

Since there has already been quite a bit of interest in these new
components I am wondering if the community around the modeling
integration is already big enough to justify creating a new sub-sub
project under Mylyn Context? This would enable interested parties to
drive evolution of the project independently and more rapidly than
what is feasible directly under Mylyn Context. A separate project
would provide a better focus than the Mylyn Incubator, support proper
releases, participation in Juno and could have less strict policies
than Mylyn Context (e.g. no support for Eclipse 3.6).

I'd be interested in hearing other's opinions or alternative
suggestions for hosting the modeling bridge.

Thanks,

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel