[mylyn-dev] code review and test infrastructure update

Hi,

as discussed on the call today, I am in the process of setting up a
new test server. The server will host Bugzilla and Trac repositories
that are currently located at mylyn.eclipse.org and also provide test
repositories for Hudson, Jenkins and hopefully Gerrit (if capacity
permits).

Additionally, the server will run a Gerrit instance that we can use
for code reviews until this support is directly available at
Eclipse.org (bug 283749). The server mirrors the Mylyn git
repositories hourly and is accessible to anyone here:

 http://review.mylyn.org/

It is accompanied by a Hudson instance that automatically executes
tests for each patch set and reports results back to Gerrit:

 http://ci.mylyn.org/

This infrastructure is entirely separate from Eclipse.org and meant to
help with reviewing contributions and to support bootstrapping on our
own tools. Changes made to the repositories on mylyn.org never
automatically propagate back to Eclipse.org and contributions still
need to be tracked through patches and flagged as iplog+ when mergend.

The nice thing is that you can now optionally push a patch to the code
review server to run tests, easily provide line-based feedback,
compare patch sets and leverage other nifty Gerrit features.

To sign up, simply register at http://review.mylyn.org/ through an
OpenID provider (e.g. Google). Anyone should be able to provide
feedback on code changes. If you are a committer or frequent
contributor send me an email with your account name and I'll add you
to the "Trusted Users" group which has permissions to push and approve
reviews.

The migration of the test repositories is still in progress but I
expect that unit tests will start run against the new infrastructure
within the next two weeks [1].

Please let me know if there any questions.

Steffen

[1] Test repositories that are available so far (for unit tests):

 http://mylyn.org/bugs34/
 http://mylyn.org/bugs36/
 http://mylyn.org/bugs36-custom-wf/
 http://mylyn.org/bugs36-custom-wf-and-status/