Re: [mylyn-dev] Problem with empty Commit Message for Commit to GIT

Hi,

in order to get the generated commit messages you need to install the
EGit Mylyn integration from the Indigo or EGit update site. Note that
we do not include that in the Mylyn target definitions.

The purpose of the target definitions is to manage build dependencies
for the various supported Eclipse platforms. The target definitions
were not intended for bootstrapping and hence include only the minimal
set of tools needed to build Mylyn. I have heard some people suggest
though that we should include the EGit Mylyn integration and possibly
other tools.

I am wondering if it makes sense to provide another target definition
to support bootstrapping that includes an extended set of tools
relevant to Mylyn development and all dependencies. I am not sure if
it's worth it though since I suspect that most people would install
their preferred set of tools anyways.

Any thoughts how useful that would be?

Steffen