Re: [mylyn-dev] Maintaining branches in Incubation

We don't have any strict guide lines for maintenance releases. It's up to each sub-project to decide which bug fixes should be back ported or not.

We generally branch all projects but if no changes are made in the service branch (e.g. e_3_7_m_5_x for the 3.5.1 release) the maintenance release will essentially have the same content as the previous release version.

Processwise, if you don't have a workspace with the current maintenance branch checked out we use the convention of attaching patches and tagging bugs as [backport]. Whoever gets to it first then takes the patch and applies it to the branch and then resolved the bug removing the tag.

Steffen