From: Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 7:09 AM
Subject: [soc-dev] Time to sign-up

Greetings all. It seems that the mentor sign up is open. Mentors, please
register.

The student application period starts today. Students: get your
proposals into the system. Can somebody please confirm on this list that
students can indeed enter proposals and that our template is available;
since I am not a student, the system doesn't give me a student view that
I can use to confirm for myself.

Once you've entered your proposal, please monitor it in the system for
comments and questions. Your timely responses to our questions will
improve the chances of your proposal being accepted.

Remember that you need to propose a project: an activity that you intend
to complete over the summer term. Your application needs to include a
description of the project along with a few words describing your
background, what you need from our mentors, and so forth. I have
provided a template for you to use.

Good luck to everybody.

Wayne