Re: [mylyn-dev] Parameter for interest manipulation

Hi Shawn,

I see, so, the manipulateInterest* methods are for adding landmarks and removing items. What I am really looking to do is either bump up or bump down the interest level of an element by one notch *programmatically*. For increasing, I just create a new interaction event and process it. But for bumping it down, there is no such equivalent. That is why I use the manipulateInterest* methods for that. The solution you give below sounds like it would be just for increasing the interest by a certain level (please correct me if I'm wrong), which would not work for me.

I propose the following, please let me know what you think:

- Redesign the manipulateInterest* methods so that they are named for what they actually do -- yes they manipulate the interest but what they are really doing is either removing an element from the context or making it a landmark. Specifically, we should have methods like makeLandmark and removeFromContext or something of the like.

- Make several new methods called increaseInterest and decreaseInterest, some of which take a parameter and others that don't. The parameter will correspond to the amount of interest to add/remove. The ones that do not take a parameter simply call the parameterized ones with some standard amount.

Raffi