Re: [mylyn-dev] Mylyn WikiText - DokuWiki syntax contribution

Marcin,

I've brought this up with the team for reconsideration.  We'd like to accommodate your request.  With Mylyn's recent promotion to a top-level Eclipse project, it makes sense to change our policy around Wiki languages.

In the past we limited the languages directly supported by WikiText in order to avoid problems with resourcing and maintenance, however having contributions of this nature to WikiText has a lot of value.  For WikiText users it broadens the applicability of the framework, ensures clean IP, and makes it easier to get everything in one place.  For your project it will make it easier to keep DokuWiki in tune with the WikiText release cycle, get better code reuse, and have the credibility that comes from being associated with the Eclipse Foundation and Mylyn project.

To start the contribution process, create a bug at bugs.eclipse.org and attach your contribution in the form of a patch.  If a patch is not feasible, a zip file containing source files is adequate.  Once the bug is created, file a CQ.  The IP process in cartoons can help you to understand the IP process at Eclipse.  Once the CQ is approved we can apply the contribution.

I hope that this makes sense to you.  Let me know if you have any questions or comments.  I look forward to working with you on the DokuWiki contribution.

Regards,

David