[mylyn-dev] Bugzilla components

To follow up on the discussion on the call today, here is my proposal for restructuring the Bugzilla components and product to reflect the new Mylyn top-level project structure as outlined in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Restructuring .

I propose that each sub-project gets its own product in Bugzilla. This allows each project to define its own components and versions and evolve and plan separately from other sub-projects. It should also work well in terms of using the automatic IP log to track contributions.

The Mylyn product would provide an inbox for users who are unsure where to file a specific bug and a place to track administrative tasks.

I suggest that we create the following products and components :

Mylyn
* Inbox, Releng, Website

Mylyn Builds
* B3, Framework, Hudson

Mylyn Commons
* Identity, Monitor, Repositories, Notifications, UI

Mylyn Context
* Java, C/C++, Framework, PDE, Resources

Mylyn Docs
* WikiText, HtmlText

Mylyn Incubator
* Usage Monitor, UI Experiments, Web Templates, WikiText Sandbox

Mylyn Reviews
* Framework, Gerrit, R4E, SCM, Tasks

Mylyn Tasks
* Bugzilla, Framework, OSLC, Trac