Re: [mylyn-dev] Introducing myself

Torkild,

Great to see your interest, I look forward to seeing the Hudson integration evolve!

David

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Torkild Ulvøy Resheim <torkildr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mylyn developers,

I guess you all (as me) are exited about the promotion of Mylyn to a top level project and the introduction of new sub-projects such as "Builds". This is one part I feel has been missing in Mylyn and the reason why I (in March) started working on something similar myself (http://code.google.com/p/buildmonitor/). After seeing Steffens blog about the Hudson connector I decided to take contact and see if we could cooperate on this. If everything works out I'll be one of the committers on the project. In this context I would like to tell you a little bit about myself.

Quite a few years ago (Eclipse 2.1 days) I was really tired of the IDE I was using for the Visual DataFlex programming language and decided to make my own based on Eclipse. I was working on this as a hobby for a couple of years until it became useful and I started to sell commercial licenses. Last year I sold all the source code to a Miami based company that wishes to take it forward (and have done so: http://www.mertechdata.com/home/products/documentor).

About four years ago I started working for Atmel Corporation developing their Eclipse based IDE for the 32-bit AVR microcontrollers; AVR32 Studio (http://www.atmel.com:80/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=4116). During this period I got the chance to really dig into Eclipse and spent a lot of time looking at Platform, CDT and RSE code.

I have just started working for a Java/Eclipse consulting firm in Trondheim, Norway (Itema AS) that are quite happy to let me spend some time on Eclipse development. So I am looking forward to be working with you and hope to see at least some of you at Eclipse Summit Europe in November.

Best regards,
Torkild