From: Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 3:14 PM
Subject: [cross-project-issues-dev] Bad news regarding build.eclipse.org
To: Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 Folks,

I've spent a good part of the afternoon trying to resuscitate
build.eclipse.org, but my attempts have failed.  I believe the server
has suffered a hardware failure, but I can't identify it (the server
is over 5 years old).

In order to recover more quickly, we will provision a brand new
build.eclipse.org based on the Intel/Google hardware that was donated
earlier.  This effort will yield an x86_64 server with double the CPU
cores and more memory than the old build box.

The downside is that the local disk array on build.eclipse.org is not
accessible since it won't boot.  This means the *build home
directories are lost.  /shared remains intact since it was an external
array, and while speaking with Matt, we have reason to believe all the
Hudson data and jobs is intact as well.

We'll work as fast as we can to restore Build/Hudson server, and
hopefully the outcome of our efforts will be a faster build machine
which will serve us well for years to come.

Denis