[mylyn-dev] last week's test failures

Hi committers,

I just want to make everyone aware that there were a number of test
failures last week. The good news is that tests helped to detect
regressions but I had the impression that I was the only one actively
looking at the failures. We discussed this on last weeks conference
call and this is a friendly reminder that it is every committers
responsibility to ensure that the test suite passes and to ensure that
changes do not cause regressions.

We have a Hudson instance that runs the full test suite nightly and a
selected number of tests on changes in CVS (polling interval is 20
min). Each committer working on the framework should monitor at least
this job: http://mylyn.eclipse.org/hudson/job/mylyn--heartbeat/ .
Bugzilla and Trac committers should additionally monitor this
job:http://mylyn.eclipse.org/hudson/job/mylyn--heartbeat--connectors/
.

Hudson provides a web interface and RSS feeds for notifications.
Personally, I prefer the new Hudson connector for monitoring. I have
summarized more details about the connector here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/mylog/2010/08/22/preview-of-mylyn-hudson-connector-now-available/
.

Generally, if you are unsure if a change may cause destabilization
please get another committer to review the changes before committing.
If reviews take too long, please always feel free to CC me and ping on
the bug. For larger changes it is sometimes best to commit to a branch
first and get other to test changes before merging them into head.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for
infrastructure or process improvements.

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel