[mylyn-dev] MyLyn and Eclipse workspace corruption

Hi,
I am a user of MyLyn, I have used it for a few years now. I'm pretty happy with it but there is one question that has been bothering me for a long time. I'm not a 100% sure but I have become more convinced that if you use MyLyn intensively you will face frequent recurring workspace corruption. The symptom is that Eclipse hangs and fails to start. It is doing something as the busy indicator is visible but it fails to finish it. The only way to recover is to remove the workspace/use a new workspace. I abs. dread the moment that happens, it is just productivity out the window.

I'm using Eclipse Ganymede on Ubuntu and Linux Mint almost exclusively but I think I have also seen this happen on Windows.

Is this is a known issue? Is there a workaround? Any way to recover the workspace?

Thanks and Regards,
Onno

Back to the top